Saturday, October 5, 2013

About Anonymity

I'm not exactly anonymous. I've always had a public persona on the internet, and I doubt this will change.

That being said, for the purposes of this blog, I'm going to keep quiet on the subject of names of people and places and anything that might make my family readily identifiable. After all, my life is no longer only my own, which used to be the case. I owe it to Bean and my girlfriend to protect their privacy. As such, I will be using nicknames and posting photographs with the faces blurred out or positioned in such a way that they can't be seen/recognised.

Anyone who knows me who comes across this blog will recognise the players instantly. I am not trying to hide who we are—our friends and family know us, after all, and there is no shame here. What I am trying to do is to protect us as much as I can from whatever the internet might throw in our direction.

I hope that all my readers (if readers there end up being!) will understand and respect this.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment